Imagine this… You’re at a weekend event, could be a little league game, dance practice, gymnastics, waiting for your car at the mechanic’s shop – you get the picture. You’ve brought along the newspaper to look at homes for sale as you are looking to move. One ad stands out, in it is a QR code. You scan the code with your phone and immediately are taken to available homes, market information and resources on the site of a very talented and clever REALTOR®. Behind this code is the link to a tremendous amount of information you would have paid a fortune to include using previous ad methods. That is one of the many ways QR codes will change how we deliver and consume information.
The use of QR codes can bring your information to the people you most want to reach, when and how they wish to receive it. QR codes are our physical link to the virtual world. Previously, once you sent ad content to print there was no going back. If anything changed after submission, you were out of luck. By using a QR code, you have the ability to make corrections, add more options or otherwise modify the content. The QR code stays the same while the content is fresh, relevant and up to the minute accurate.
Here are 5 ways you can use QR codes to deliver fresh content to your audience when and how they wish to receive it:
- Local newspaper or magazine ad w/link to listings & corresponding market data
- Sponsor ad in sports or arts program. You can take advantage of smaller ad space to deliver more relevant content.
- Post QR code on a page of your site which links to a special offer. Anyone who finds it and clicks is eligible for the special offer.
- Sponsor an athletic team and include a QR code with your logo linking to a splash page w/market data specific to the community to go on the team’s sponsor banner.
- Place a QR code at the end of a presentation on the screen and in any handouts to that people who’ve attended the event can reach you in the future.
That is a few of my ideas for using QR codes. I would love to hear yours!